All of us need some extra cash. Working with nature will help build a healthy lifestyle for yourself while getting paid on top of that. Farming enables you to have your produce, spend time outdoors enjoying the scenery and fresh air, and meet new people in your community.
Why fruits farming?
Fruit growing have following economic and nutritional advantages. High productivity: High yield per unit area: From a unit area of land more yield is realized from fruit crops than any of the agronomic crops. The average yields of Papaya, Banana and Grapes are 10 to 15 times more than that of agronomic crops.
Pollination is the highest agricultural contributor to yields worldwide,
contributing far beyond any other agricultural management practice. Thus, bees
and other pollinators make important contributions to agriculture. Pollinators
affect 35 percent of global agricultural land, supporting the production of 87
of the leading food crops worldwide. Plus, pollination-dependent crops are five
times more valuable than those that do not need pollination. OxfarmAg Ltd gives free beehives for any packages purchased. http://oxfarm.co.ke/product-category/oxfarm-packages/
Tips that can help you achieve optimal results while doing fruit farming as a side hustle
Fruit farming as a side hustle is such an amazing part-time job that can give you enough income. You just need to follow the tips below:
- Analyze the climate in the region and ensure that it favors the crop you want to grow
- Ensure that soils are fertile
- Study how different fruits perform in the region
- Decide on the crops that are most suitable for your soils
- Purchase certified high-quality seedlings from certified nurseries
- Let the experts do the planting for you (OxfarmAg Ltd will help you kick start your fruit farming agribusiness and provide you with timely agronomy support)
- Start small since this field requires patience and adequate knowledge about planting crops before entering into business. Furthermore, starting with a larger area will only increase expenses without bringing more revenue because of bigger maintenance costs for equipment and other supplies.
- Invest in innovative solutions – To minimize the time required on the farm, you should adopt innovative tools such as automated irrigation and fertilization systems, precision agriculture, and sensor technology.
- Expand gradually by investing in high-yielding fruit trees first until you reach the point where your earning exceeds your investment then keep growing from there or expand another acre if possible but remember that expansion should be done once every two years.
- Invest in technology, fruit farming is much easier to do as compared to other side hustles. It takes a few months before you can harvest and sell them so there’s no long waiting period as opposed to starting your own business right now. You just have to prepare the soil, water plants once in a while, and tie branches using twigs for support, especially if you are investing in strawberries or grapes, employ proper management practices, embrace innovative strategies, and enjoy the profitability of fruit farming.