Tangerines are tasty and refreshing citrus fruit packed with many nutritious compounds, including flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and potassium. These healthful components contribute to the health of all parts of the body, from cell DNA to the bones and heart. Tangerines taste is considered less sour, as well as sweeter and stronger, than that of an orange.
Benefits of Components in Tangerines Fruits.
Tangerines are a good source of B-vitamin complex like folate. Folate has shown to help in neural tube formation and red blood cell formation in prenatal babies. A deficiency of folic acid in pregnant women can lead to the birth of underweight infants.
- Vitamin C is a powerful natural water-soluble antioxidant that helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and eliminates cancer-causing free radicals in the body.
- Tangerines are an excellent source of fiber which helps in prevention of constipation and helping make your bowel movements easier to manage.
- Along with giving your skin a youthful glow, tangerines’ powerful properties, and antioxidants slow the aging process by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
- The vitamin B12 in tangerines promotes hair growth, reduces hair loss and slows down the graying process.
- The potassium in tangerines helps with your muscle growth and recovery.
- Tangerines have a flavonoid called nobiletin. It’s this powerful player that helps protect against type 2 diabetes and was shown to prevent the buildup of fat (particularly in the liver) by encouraging the body to burn fat and discourage the manufacture and storage of fat.
For more information or purchase of tangerines seedlings contact 0706 222 888.