It takes 3.5 months to get a mushroom harvest.
A mushroom house measuring 4m by 7m can accommodate 600-700 bags.
A bag on average produces 1.5kg of mushroom. A kg of mushrooms fetches about KSh400 – 500.
Mushroom farming is very lucrative agribusiness if you understand and learn what it takes to be successful.
On 13th Feb 2021 OxfarmAgri tour have organised a mushroom training, where we will be hosted by experts Bob and Leonard.
Here is the invite video.
Here are some of the topics we will cover in training.
- How to design crop room for mushroom farming.
- How to prepare different type of mushroom compost .
- How spawn is required in compost, how to mix it and bag filling.
4 . How to Prepare casing soil and how to apply it .
- How to maintain humidity and temperature of the crop room
- Mushroom diseases management.
- Mushroom harvesting, grading, washing, packing, marketing and branding.
- Profitability of mushroom farming.
Register with Dancan for the event. Contact 0710588060
WhatsApp Link HERE
Charges per head
–> 2500 Self drive
–> 3000 Transport from Nairobi, meals and writing materials.
Mushroom Training on past event on the farm