WE ARE HIRING - Field Agronomist
OxfarmAg is an agribusiness company that leverages technology in fruit farming, by assisting fruit farmers produce market fit produce, ensuring they produce more, plus reducing post harvest losses through efficiency of their ventures.
Our Mission is to provide fruit farmers access to quality certified fruit seedlings, inputs, technical production knowledge and post-harvest linkage to the local and international markets.
The agronomist will be responsible for providing agronomic knowledge and leadership to farmers in their assigned regions while performing job duties such as field scouting, soil management and market analysis.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate knowledge of reliable referrals to make recommendations to farmers to achieve efficient fruit tree production.
- Perform soil sampling in fields including multiple depth sampling, sampling by geo-reference and multiple site sampling in the event of changes in soil texture.
- Manage field trials, plant physiology and irrigation practices.
- Scouting of farms for weed, insects, and disease and nutrition issues.
- Ensure application of seeding, fertility and pesticides occur when weather conditions are optimal.
- Gather, compile, analyze and interpret test results and prepare progress reports.
- Analyze crop claim issues as necessary.
- Document field evaluation of seed, chemical, specialty products and fertilizers.
- Provide agronomic training for staff responsible for sales and marketing.
- Assist with agronomic budgeting and cost monitoring.
- Interact with suppliers, applicators and agronomy laboratories.
- Remain up to date on crop nutrition and protection technology.
- Assist with the fruit tree planting packages and establishment of orchards.
- Follow up, track project activities, and address any bottlenecks with other implementation partners to ensure timely execution of project activities.
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture Education and Extension or related courses.
- Excellent command of Swahili and English.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong spirit for teamwork and sense of initiative.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Field Agronomist) before Saturday 19th March, 2022 through email: firstname.lastname@example.org