Pomegranate tree grows to about five and eight meters tall. A completely established tree bears many round, bright red, purple, or orange-yellow colored fruits depending on the cultivar types. On an average, each fruit measures about 6-10 cm in diameter and weighs about 200 gm. Pomegranate is one of the healthiest fruits on earth. Pomegranate has many incredible health benefits for your body. It is called as a divine fruit because it is the most mentioned fruit in theological books. Pomegranate has anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-tumor properties and is said to be a good source of vitamins, especially vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E, as well as folic acid.
This amazing fruit consists three times as many antioxidants as both wine or green tea. Consuming pomegranate also lowers the risk of all sorts of diseases.
Benefits of pomegranate:
– Fights heart disease and prostate cancer.
– Contains many beneficial nutrients e.g. it is an also good source of many vital B-complex groups of vitamins such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5), folates, pyridoxine and vitamin-K, and minerals like calcium, copper, potassium, and manganese.
– It’s a good source of antioxidant vitamin-C, provides about 17% per 100 g of the daily requirement. Consumption of fruits rich in vitamin-C helps the body develop ability to combat infectious agents by boosting immunity.
– Protects from free radicals. Its rich in antioxidants thus protecting the body from free radicals.
– Reduces weight and controls cholesterol. Regular inclusion of fruits in the diet boosts immunity, improves circulation and offers protection from cancers.
– some of the antioxidants protect against dialysis-related infections, or kidney diseases, as well as cardiovascular complications (think of high blood pressure).
– It protects against dental plaque microorganisms.
Pomegranate seedlings will only cost you Ksh 300 but the returns are uncountable. Visit our offices or contact us today.