In Kenya farmers have been worried by the state of land being deficient of moisture leading to scanty vegetation. All these climatic, desert-producing factors – descending, drying air currents; mountain-produced rain shadows; distance from oceanic moisture sources; and cold ocean currents – are instrumental, sometimes singly, more often in combination, as primary forces producing arid lands. We at OXFARM have come up with a program which will mitigate this current water moisture deficiency in the soil.
Absorber is a polymer consisting of a set of polymer chains. Absorber is a water retainer that, when incorporated into a soil or a substrate absorbs and retains large quantities of water and nutrients. Unlike most products that become hydrated, Absorber has the property of easily releasing the absorbed water and nutrients, thereby allowing the plant to have water and nutrients available at will as a function of the absorption – release cycles. When water comes into contact with one of these chains, it is drawn into the molecule by osmosis. It has a holding capacity of 100 to 150 times its weight. It has a 5 year life span.
Its main functions include;
- It’s a water retainer for tree crops, lawns and gardens, horticulture and floriculture.
- Increases water holding capacity of soils for several years.
- Improves the physical properties of soil through aeration.
- Reduces evaporation from the soil.
- Limits losses of water and nutrients due to leaching.
- Irrigation frequency may be reduced by half.
- Protects the environment against drought and ground water pollution.
- Enhances plant growth through continuous availability of water and nutrients in the root zone for optimal absorption by plants.
For more information on this product call 0723 662 773.