Sweet, seedless, easy to peel, and small. It stores very well and retains excellent flavor for a remarkably long time. The yellow-orange coloured fruit has a rough texture
The tree is a vigorous grower with an upright growth habit. The flavor is mild and sweet.
The dwarf fruit tree can handle frosts. When planting one should ensure that the soil is of good drainage with a PH of 6.6 to 7.3. Watering should be frequent. Many citrus trees grow 20 or 30 feet tall, but breeding and grafting practices have led to small varieties. The pixie mandarin grows to just 5 to 6 feet tall and has a spread of 4 to 6 feet.
The tree matures at around 2 to 3 years.
Pixies have a lower acid content than many other citrus varieties making them the ideal fruit for people who are sensitive to acidic foods.
A medium sized tangerine is cholesterol- and fat-free and has on average approximately 50 calories. Tangerines are an excellent source of potassium (approx. 180mg), fiber (approx. 12 percent of the daily recommended allowance) and are of course packed with vitamin C as well as some calcium and iron.
Here are the amazing benefits of eating pixie fruits
- They help in keeping the skin look young.
- They help in reducing of body weight.
- They help in better absorption of other nutrients in the body.
- They are packed with potassium which reduce the risk of stroke as well as reduce heart diseases.
- They help with shortening of colds.
- They are good source of fiber.
For certified pixie seedlings contact 0706 222 888 or email us at email@example.com