Cost analysis of planting 200 grafted tree tomato seedlings.
Variety: Red oratia.
|Preparation of land (digging ,fallowing) to attain fine tillage||1000|
|Buying of seedlings from reputable dealers @100 each||20000|
|Digging of holes 2ft by 2ft @10 each||2000|
|Buying and application of manure per hole @50 per bucket||10000|
|Planting, mulching of seedlings||500|
|Fertilizer for the entire season||4000|
|Chemicals for the entire season||7000|
|Water expenses (for irrigation)||10000|
|Management and miscellaneous.||20000|
|Expected output 65kg -120kg per tree @100 for one year
- The plant take 8-10 months to mature and depends on location.
- The cost of seedlings can vary depending with your dealer Oxfarm Organic ltd sells their seedlings at Ksh 100.
- Cost of manure, labor and management can be greatly reduced if you do the work.
- Prices of a kg of tree tomato vary from various markets from 80-150.
Related Post: Amazing health benefits of tree-tomato
GRAFTED TREE TOMATO
What to do.
- Require a spacing measuring 6ft by 6ft, then dig dip holes measuring 2ft by 2ft this helps in roots penetration and also to be able to accommodate enough manure.
- Add a bucket of well rotten manure into per hole and mix well with top soil.
- Plant your grafted seedlings by first ensuring you have watered your soil well or plant during rainy season. Add mulching to every stem of your plants.
- In case of a dry season apply irrigation either drip irrigation or bucket irrigation.
- Add fertilizer after one month of planting this will ensure faster growth and rood development.
- Protect you plant from pest and deceases from early stages by splaying at a good interval depending with the rate of infestation with pesticides and fungicides both protective and curing ones.
- Splay your plants with foliar feed to ensure faster and stronger plants and also during flowering to boost more flowers and ensure they do not drop.
These are just costs and output, on how to achieve this you need to learn the best methods that work to achieve these outputs. Come visit us in our demonstration farm in Nyeri or visit our offices.