Lemon plant is a small evergreen tree with yellow fruits which are high in vitamin C, fiber and various beneficial plant compounds. The lemon juice is used to make cocktails, soft drinks and lemonade.
Lemon have numerous health benefits which include,
- Supports heart health
- Improves digestive health
- Reduces cancer risk
- Protects against anemia
- Prevents kidney stones
- Helps in controlling body weight
How to plant and care a lemon seedling
- While planting dig a hole 2ft by 2ft, mix the top soil with half bucket manure. Fertilizing should be done after the first flush of leaves. Apply N.PK, two table spoonful and this should be repeated after each and every three months and as the tree nears flowering stage, apply fertilizer with micro elements to enhance good fruit growth.
- Ensure your seedling gets enough water. Water twice a week.
- Weeding should be thorough, as weeds compete for nutrients with the lemon tree and they harbor pests which eventually attacks lemon tree.
- Pruning should be done yearly by removing the dead, broken and diseased branches.
Lemon trees generally produce their first crop of fruit at around 3 years of age.For the All type of Fruit tree seedlings We at oxfarm we do propagate and sell quality certified seedlings to farmers at the best prices for each seedling as above. We also assist in establishment of orchards and for all types of fruit trees. In order to learn more visit our demo farm at ridge ways Kiambu road or in Nyeri. Contact 0706222888 To get directions Call/Text/ WhatsApp us on 0706222888