Through our farms and experience, we have seen farmers make extraordinary profits through tree-tomato farming. Let us now explore the profits you can get through this kind of investment.
We will assume you want to plant tree tomatoes on your five-acre land.
- 1 Acre can be planted 1200 tree-tomatoes seedlings with a spacing of 2 ½ by 2 ½ ft.
- 1 tree yields approximately 300-800 fruits per year (this might change depending on growth factors)
- Alternatively, 1 grafted tree-tomato yields between 20-50 kgs annual
- 1 Grafted tree tomato seedling costs around Ksh 100
- Sale of one fruit after maturity 5-10 kshs
- Drip Water Irrigation 400,000 for 5 years assuming water is tapped
- Harvesting years = 5
- Weeding and farm preparation for the 5 years, 400,000
- Manures & Fertilizers Ksh 300,000 (Diammonium sulphate, ammonium nitrate)
- Controlling pests Ksh 200,000 (diseases like Powdery mildew, tree tomato mosaic virus, aphids insets control etc)
- Other expenses Ksh 300,000
For better Understanding, let us now tabulate the information.
|Number of seedlings||cost||Labor & other Expenses||Cost|
|Manures & Fertilizers||300,000|
|Weeding and Farm Preparation||400,000|
Lets now calculate the profits while selling one fruit @ Ksh 5
FIRST YEAR RETURNS
|Fruit sales (5000*500*5)||7,500,000|
|Less Income for 10 years||1,800,000|
|Income for one Year||5,700,000|
|Income per month||475,000|
You can calculate a kilo @ Ksh 80
NB! Throughout our research during planting and harvesting, we have noticed that not all trees yield 100% and so in the above example, we have subtracted 10-15% of the total planted seedlings in the five acres to make it 5000 that is less 1000 trees, we are assuming even if the 1000 trees would reach maturity, they won’t be as productive as the rest.
We at Oxfarm would want to be as honest as it is rather than give our farmers figures that might only appear good but do not really add up. What we can do to our willing farmer is to inspect your land, conduct soil sampling and testing, water availability survey, land topography survey, selling our grafted tree tomatoes to you. We treat your farm like is yours by giving you free consultation and ensuring you reach the highest levels in farming.
You will realize that we have calculated on the downside by selling a fruit at 5 although the current market is at Ksh 10 and Kgs per tree per year at 30Kgs while it can go as high as 50 basically because we want our farmers to have a clear picture.
If you have any questions regarding tree tomatoes, don’t be left behind, contact us or visit our offices and we will gladly help you.For the All type of Fruit tree seedlings We at oxfarm we do propagate and sell quality certified seedlings to farmers at the best prices for each seedling as above. We also assist in establishment of orchards and for all types of fruit trees. In order to learn more visit our demo farm at ridge ways Kiambu road or in Nyeri. To get directions Call/Text/ WhatsApp us on 0706222888