Linda Mazingira by planting fruit trees
Linda Mazingira: By Planting Fruit Trees
As Kenya prepares to celebrate its National Tree Planting Day on the 13th of November, the nation gears up for an opportunity to promote environmental conservation and sustainable practices.
Significance of Fruit Trees
Fruit trees stand out as a practical and multifaceted choice for reforestation efforts. While traditional trees contribute to the ecosystem by providing oxygen, combating climate change, and preventing soil erosion, fruit trees offer an additional layer of benefits.
At OxfarmAg Limited, we believe that when we come together, we can make a constructive contribution to our environment. In acknowledgement of your dedication to resolving climate challenges, we are delighted to unveil a unique offer that will make our country more environmentally sustainable.
- Get 2 free seedlings when you walk into our Nairobi nursery
- A free delivery to your nearest town on the linda mazingira packages
This offer is valid between Fri 10th to Mon 13th Nov 2023.
Fruit Seedlings Features
mini package @ ksh. 5000
standard package @ ksh. 10,000
cooperate package @ ksh. 20,000
Planting fruit trees offers several advantages compared to planting regular trees;
Edible Yield: Fruit trees provide a direct source of food. This can help supplement the household’s food supply or be shared with the community.
Aesthetic Value: Fruit trees often have beautiful blossoms and foliage, enhancing the visual appeal of the surroundings.
Economic Benefits: Fruit trees can be a source of income.
Educational Opportunities: They offer a great opportunity for educational purposes.
Health Benefits: Having easy access to fresh fruits encourages a healthier diet.
Biodiversity: Fruit trees attract diverse wildlife, such as birds and insects, contributing to local biodiversity and ecosystem health.
Community building promotes a shared responsibility for the environment and the produce.
Cultural Significance: Certain fruit trees hold cultural and traditional significance in various communities.
Happy fruit farmers
Where to plant fruit trees
- Riverbanks to prevent soil erosion and for good water quality.
- Forests for reforestation
- Parks for recreational benefits such as shade, for a cooling effect while relaxing
- Churches to symbolize spiritual growth and renewal in faith
- Educational institutions for hands-on experience in caring for the environment
- Cemeteries for greener, more peaceful memorial setting for those we hold dear
- Roadside improvements to reduce noise and improve general road safety
- Residential areas to enhance the quality of air and form a healthier living environment